Montreal, Kanada, Nordamerika
Quality Assurance Supervisor
* Diese Stellenanzeige wurde 6254 Mal aufgerufen « Zurück zur Liste
Supervision of projects in Babel’s PC Functionality QA department where the company provides testing services for the world’s leading games publishers.
Scope of Role:
The job entails delivery of projects to the highest possible specified quality standards according to schedules and budgets agreed between the Project Manager and the client. You will achieve this through the successful briefing and management of test teams assigned to the project. You will be responsible for executing and defining the project test strategy, and will participate to key milestones meetings held with the Project Manager and the FQA Delivery Manager. You will also have to participate to meetings with the clients for the project you are responsible for.
The rigorous application of testing method to the highest possible specified quality standards (specifically with reference to hardware manufacturers’ standards) is essential. You will work closely with the Test Leads on implementing test strategy, updating it when needed, and ensuring the strategy is followed correctly. You will be required to set an example to other employees, which includes not abusing tools at your disposal, such as email and Internet access. As a QAS you will be able to email any external addresses and you will also have Internet access, with the exception of certain company-restricted sites. Please note that this may change on a client-by-client basis depending on their requirements.
As a QAS you are responsible for your assigned test team. You have an important role in ensuring that the team is effective and that each tester is provided an environment in which they can be as productive as possible.
A tester’s work is likely to be of higher quality if they are happy and content within the work place. As a QAS you set the example in terms of the behavior that Babel values. You should always be at work on time and follow the punctuality procedure, you should adhere to Babel's policies at all times and ensure that you do not abuse the e-mail or other IT systems.
This role is important and you need to be able to identify and report to the Delivery Manager some of the more serious offences that impact people’s ability to complete their daily tasks.
If you see any cases of harassment you should immediately inform your line Manager. This harassment can come in many forms. It is your responsibility to make sure that all employees under your jurisdiction are free from subjugation and breed a positive working environment.
If you spot people who are struggling or need assistance in terms of completing their daily tasks then you should in the first instance offer support but if you are unable to assist them you should not be afraid to discuss the issue the person is having with your Line Manager
If members of the team are being isolated by others then this should be reported to your Line Manager and you should work hard to ensure that they feel part of the team. If you spot members of your team doing activities that do not belong in the work place you should also report these to your Manager.
Under no circumstances should you participate in any of the above activities and any such participation either direct (I.e. doing the above) or indirect (by not reporting any issues of the above) and will be dealt with according to Babel's disciplinary processes.
• Day to day co-ordination of assigned projects, including agreeing project timelines with the Project Manager and Client
• Briefing and managing Test Leads
• Secondary point of contact for QA specific questions raised by client
• Formulation of test plans/strategies
• Active participation in project’s milestones meetings
• Assigning roles and coordinating workflow within the project team
• Monitoring the overall quality of testing as required by Babel process and in line with Babel training requirements (e.g. to help identify areas where training material may need revision)
• Weekly communication with client on project status
• Communication of QA Department software & hardware requirements to your QA Manager
• Responsible for the upkeep of Babel policy, process and security
• Application of company hardware/software logging and security policy
• Gathering and collating project metric data as required by QA Management
• Maintenance and communication of testers’ performance records
• Client contact on a higher level on all projects
• Conducting tester or lead tester duties as and when required
• Prepares and maintains comprehensive test plans which cover all required functionality & features and/or bugs required to be regressed.
• Ensures internal project-related knowledge bases are maintained.
• Coordinates build delivery from the client side to the test floor.
• Work with Systems in regards to database setup, FTP security, and website access.
• Performs effective initial and daily project briefings.
• Conveys to Senior Management and/or customers project status via reports, e-mail, instant messaging and/or phone conferences.
• Mentors and supports all staff including new QASs.
• Providing a platform / knowledge base for QASs and below to improve.
• Take control of multi-platform projects and be the main point of contact for clients.
• Conducting tester or lead tester duties as and when required
• Provide input into human resource (tester) allocation if requested
• Cover for the QA Manager as and when necessary
• Aid the QA Manager with HR tasks as and when necessary
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
• Understanding of games development process
• Understanding of functionality QA and Compliance testing process
• Understanding of software submission requirements and process
• Familiarity with Test Cases Management software (e.g. SpiraTest, DevTest)
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience with Test Tools across one or more platforms (e.g. Xbox Watson, Target Manager, LANForge)
• Ensures all bug databases are updated with accurate information.
• Recognises the importance of accuracy within their role/team/department’s inputs/ outputs and takes steps to verify or implement this.
• Demonstrates a keen eye for errors/inconsistencies in both their own and others contribution, highlighting or amending these as appropriate.
• Encourages others to keep a high standard of accuracy and leads by example.
• Has relevant IT skills in order to work with different software and hardware required for projects.
• Clarifies/discusses/questions any changes or instructions which may unchecked result in the issuing of inaccurate information/data.
• Executes defined test strategy in accordance with project schedule and budget requirements.
• Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions.
• Listens actively, encourages and incorporates others input.
• Demonstrates openness and transparency in dealing with people.
• Shows determination to achieve important goals.
• Proactive, displays and encourages a drive for results.
• Provides team direction and clarity and timely, clear and actionable performance feedback.
• Empowers team members with freedom and accountability to act.
• Makes informed decisions based on past experience and inputs from the team.
• Follows correct process or clearly communicates on any necessary deviations.
• Complies with the security and confidentiality policy set by the company and ensures all team members comply to policies.
• Ability to make decisive decisions and enforce them rigorously.
• Ensures that policies/tasks are completed correctly across multiple projects.
• Has strong leadership skills and able to lead by example.
• Expert knowledge of games development process and submission process.