Montreal, Kanada, Nordamerika
Quality Assurance Test Lead
* Diese Stellenanzeige wurde 5403 Mal aufgerufen « Zurück zur Liste
Bug vetting and test execution of projects in Babel’s PC Functionality QA department where the company provides testing services for the world’s leading games publishers.
Scope of Role:
The job entails delivery of projects to the highest possible specified quality standards according to schedules and budgets agreed between the QAC and the client. You will achieve this through the successful briefing and management of test teams assigned to the project. You will be responsible for executing the project test strategy, and will participate to key milestones meetings held with the Project Manager, QAC and the FQA Delivery Manager. You might also have to participate to meetings with the clients for the project you are responsible for.
The rigorous application of testing method to the highest possible specified quality standards (specifically with reference to hardware manufacturers’ standards) is essential.
You will be required to set an example to other employees, which includes not abusing tools at your disposal, such as email and Internet access. As a Test Lead you will be able to email any external addresses and you will also have Internet access, with the exception of certain company-restricted sites. Please note that this may change on a client-by-client basis depending on their requirements.
As a Test Lead you are responsible for your assigned test team. You have an important role in ensuring that the team is effective and that each tester is provided an environment in which they can be as productive as possible.
A tester’s work is likely to be of higher quality if they are happy and content within the work place. As a Test Lead you set the example in terms of the behavior that Babel values. You should always be at work on time and follow the punctuality procedure, you should adhere to Babel's policies at all times and ensure that you do not abuse the e-mail or other IT systems.
This role is important and you need to be able to identify and report to the QAC some of the more serious offences that impact people’s ability to complete their daily tasks.
If you see any cases of harassment you should immediately inform your line Manager. This harassment can come in many forms. It is your responsibility to make sure that all employees under your jurisdiction are free from subjugation and breed a positive working environment.
If you spot people who are struggling or need assistance in terms of completing their daily tasks then you should in the first instance offer support but if you are unable to assist them you should not be afraid to discuss the issue the person is having with your Line Manager.
If members of the team are being isolated by others then this should be reported to your Line Manager and you should work hard to ensure that they feel part of the team. If you spot members of your team doing activities that do not belong in the work place you should also report these to your Manager.
Under no circumstances should you participate in any of the above activities and any such participation either direct (I.e. doing the above) or indirect (by not reporting any issues of the above) and will be dealt with according to Babel's disciplinary processes.
• Day to day execution of assigned projects, including agreeing project timelines with the QA Coordinator
• Briefing and managing test teams
• Vetting and assigning high priority bugs
• Monitoring and maintaining bug databases for all assigned projects
• Secondary point of contact for QA specific questions raised by teams
• Responsibility for project version control
• Monitoring the overall quality of bugs as required by Babel process and in line with Babel training requirements (e.g. to help identify areas where training material may need revision)
• Communication of work in progress reports as required (end of day/round/project reports)
• Providing performance and project feedback to testers (e.g. Tester Score Card)
• Responsible for the upkeep of Babel policy, process and security
• Application of company hardware/software logging and security policy
• Some client contact at a QA level on all projects
• Conducting tester duties as and when required
• Prepares reports which provides complete & accurate of testing and defect status.
• Vets all bugs to ensure consistency with Babel/Customer requirements.
• Assigns testers to test tasks and makes necessary adjustments to ensure required test coverage is achieved as fast as possible without compromising quality.
• Vets all high priority/severity bugs in a timely manner.
• Ensures internal project-related knowledge bases are maintained.
• Communicates important project related information directly to the client, including reports, test cases, bug dumps.
• Performs effective initial and daily project briefings.
• Conveys to Senior Management and/or customers project status via reports, e-mail, instant messaging and/or phone conferences.
• Mentors and supports all staff including new Test Leads.
• Provide input into human resource (tester) allocation if requested