Montreal, Canada, North America
Localization QA Testers needed - Every Language
* This job opening has been viewed 41904 times « Return to list
Provision of linguistic QA knowledge and expertise in Babel’s PC and Console Quality Assurance department where the company provides testing services for the world’s leading games publishers. The job entails testing games following structured testing methodologies and producing bug reports for submission to Babel’s clients. Produce bug reports to the highest possible specified linguistic and quality standards (specifically with reference to hardware manufacturers’ standards and terminology).
Scope of Role:
Day to day execution of assigned projects, including testing of localized games, linguistic review, translation and production of test reports as required by the QA Coordination team.
Ensuring all project deliverables comply with company and client quality standards as defined by the Quality Standards Manager.
- Day-to-day execution of localisation or compliance QA test cases as directed by the Quality Assurance Coordinator or Senior Tester as appropriate to the project
- Reporting localisation and compliance bugs and raising alerts regarding major issues related to project bugs, timeframe of tasks assigned or checklist inadequacies
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective time management
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Writes all bugs in accordance with appropriate standards
- Ensures all bug databases are kept updated with accurate information
- Recognises the importance of accuracy within their role/team/department’s inputs/ outputs and takes steps to verify or implement this.
- Clarifies/discusses/questions any changes or instructions which may unchecked result in the issuing of inaccurate information/data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and one or more other languages : French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, Indonesian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Malay, Thai, Polish, Arabic, Russian and many more!
- Skilled in game-play
- Encourages others to keep a high standard of accuracy and leads by example.